Monday, December 21, 2009

What's to come


Posting from Gate C3 in the Nashville International Airport

Updates are gonna be few and far between till around Jan. 12th. Will be in the sunny winter sun of San Juan, Puerto Rico for the holidays. I will try to find time to write up and post my 10 favorite films I saw in 2009 (Remember, they can be from any year, simply films I had never seen before 2009). Will also, finish up the three part look back on my "decade in love with movies" in 2010.

As for 2010, I am already thinking about some new things to write up for this that go beyond the standard single movie reviews. You can be looking forward to:

- Director Retrospective - John Sayles (Have never seen a film by this man, but his name comes up often, figured I could take you through my thoughts on his work).

- One new hypothetical film festival every two weeks

- Going to pick a genre of film and do an indepth analysis of it (open to suggestions)

- Three part essay on the Sundance Film Festival

- A look at the James Dean Trilogy (East of Eden, Rebel Without A Cause, Giant)

- And Obscure Classics, beginning with the overlooked sequel to Rocky Horror; Shock Treatment

Hope everyone has a great Xmas and New Year

No comments:

Post a Comment